The Mission of Boys To Men is to reduce interpersonal violence by offering programs that:
• Support the healthy development of adolescent boys
• Provide assistance and educational resources to boys and those who help raise them
• Increase community awareness about the specific needs of boys.
Boys to Men envisions a world in which:
• Boys and men are loved and valued for who they intrinsically are without regard to arbitrary cultural stereotypes of masculinity, femininity, and gender roles.
• All boys have the opportunity to develop into healthy men, supported by adult mentors who model healthy masculinity and respectful, nonviolent relationships.
• The absence of violence and fear frees all people to be caring and productive members of society.
Community Responsibility for Raising Healthy Boys:
• It is the responsibility of the entire community to raise healthy, happy, non violent boys.
• Adult male investment in the raising of boys is an indispensable component of transforming boys into men.
• Violence is not the solution to any problem or conflict.
• Violence prevention is an important responsibility of boys and men.
• Every person has the right to live free of threats or acts of violence or abuse.
• Traditional media and cultural representations of masculinity and femininity are too narrowly defined and contribute to destructive and damaging behavior towards individuals of all genders and ages.
• We are committed to eliminating the inequalities and institutional injustices that result from these traditional media and cultural representations of masculinity.
• The ability to honor all people regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity and/or religion is essential to healthy development.
• Respecting differences is a learned skill/ability and therefore young people must be taught to accept and value themselves, others, and the world around them.